We Take Our Corporate Citizenship Seriously
In every office in every region, in our outreach and in our internal communications, we demonstrate the same passion for volunteerism as we do for our work.
ITG’s Give Back program enlists the volunteer efforts of ITG employees, worldwide. Senior managers lead their teams in local service projects, enriching their communities while aligning our volunteers with common goals. We offer each employee one paid day off per year to participate in our Give Back program or to volunteer on their own with a charity organization of their choice.
Through Give Back, we donated nearly 3,000 volunteer hours in 2015. Our commitment to helping others earned us honorable mention in PR Daily’s Corporate Social Responsibility Awards for “Best Employee Volunteer Program,” recognizing our efforts in making a difference in the world around us.
The causes we support range from environmental to educational to public health and beyond. We have painted homeless shelters, served meals, led fundraising events, run races, tutored adults, befriended the elderly, mentored young people, held an in-office bone marrow registry, donated blood, cleaned up parks and rivers, planted trees, packaged meals at food banks, packed clothing and furniture for overseas shipments, and much more.
Mentees and Mentors from ITG’s Mentor Program serve dinner to over 210 guests at the Bowery Mission.
Donation matching doubles contributions
In its US offices, ITG has a policy of matching employees’ personal donations to charitable causes, up to $2,000 per year.
Charity is its own reward
Recently, we asked employees, “What makes ITG a good place to work?” In their answers, many cited the Give Back program and specifically, how it has inspired them to see their communities in a different light, motivated them to continue to volunteer on their own time, given them a renewed sense of gratitude, and allowed them to form stronger bonds with their colleagues.
- Our employees receive one paid day off each year to volunteer with ITG Give Back or to volunteer on their own.
- ITG employees donated nearly 3,000 volunteer hours in 2015.
- We received honorable mention in PR Daily’s Corporate Social Responsibility Awards for “Best Employee Volunteer Program.”
- A few of the many charitable activities ITG employees have undertaken: painting homeless shelters, serving meals, leading fundraising events, running races, tutoring adults, befriending the elderly, mentoring young people, support for the LGBTQ community, and much more.
- ITG employees have held an in-office bone marrow registration events, donated blood, cleaned up parks and rivers, planted trees, packaged meals at food banks, packed donations for overseas shipments, written letters of support to members of the armed services, supported efforts to conserve and recover sea turtle population, and much more.
- In the US, ITG matches employees’ personal donations to charitable causes up to $2,000/year.
- ITG employees report a renewed sense of gratitude, along with stronger bonds with their colleagues, as a result of our Give Back program.