ITG’s high-touch and electronic trading desks work for you, across global markets, asset classes and instruments, to maximize performance and reduce trading costs. Our independent agency status, experience from pre-trade analysis to post-trade evaluation, and arsenal of market-leading tools have earned us a reputation for outstanding service and capabilities that are unparalleled elsewhere.
ITG Trading Services for Broker Dealers
ITG offers broker dealers a full suite of global, award-winning products and services including quality liquidity, innovative algorithms, and multi-asset trading. Our superior level of service, strategic guidance, and industry insight help you more productively navigate trading challenges on behalf of your clients.
ITG Trading Services Products
We ground our flexible, modular, and award-winning solutions in decades of commission management services experience, helping you maximize and protect the value of your commissions.
- Gain confidence. We offer 30+ years of commission management expertise and are well-versed on the global and regional intricacies of structuring CCAs and CSAs within current guidelines.
- Consolidate. Bank commission credits accrued from ITG and numerous other executing brokers in one account and pay all research from that account.
- Maintain choice. We facilitate arrangements with most any provider; our list includes 4,000 brokers, independent third-party research providers, and other vendors around the world.
- Lower risk. An independent, agency broker, ITG is not distracted by or exposed to the risks of proprietary trading and an excellent choice for commission consolidation.
Hedging a portfolio or executing a complex derivatives strategy? Rely on ITG’s tools, connectivity, and high-touch expertise in futures and options.
- Generate ideas. Our commentary provides trade ideas tied to our fundamental research, as well as our perspective on market levels, volatility, and options market activity.
- Trade confidently. Whether you execute through one of our platforms, algorithms, or trading desk, we can help you master all types of derivatives challenges.
- Improve your access. We designed our infrastructure to meet high throughput demands of professional traders. You benefit from low-latency routing and direct exchange access.
- Operate stealthily. Because we are independent, your trading is fully confidential and your orders are secure.
Our regional desks draw on decades of expertise with our innovative execution and evaluation tools to help you execute self-directed trades flawlessly. Maintain complete control while accessing our market knowledge and advanced technology.
- Locate liquidity. Efficiently source liquidity across global ECNs, ATSs, MTFs, dark pools, and more.
- Advance your strategies. Rely on our expertise to step up your game. Our traders are proficient with our industry-leading algorithms, smart order routers, dark aggregator, and direct market access tools.
- Minimize costs. Employ transaction cost analytics to fine-tune algorithmic strategies and trading tactics.
- Protect yourself. ITG’s independence means we always put your interests first. Our proprietary Liquidity Filter and other safeguards protect you from toxic liquidity and gaming.
Go beyond alpha preservation to add value to the execution process. Our consultants help identify and develop trading strategies that achieve best execution.
- Learn what works, when. Analysis of liquidity source choices and situation-specific performance of individual algorithms helps you make more informed strategy decisions.
- Know your options. Tool selection and implementation guidance demonstrates how individual strategies may perform in a given scenario and how much each trade costs.
- Refine your investment style. A portfolio manager’s investment style should be aligned with the desk’s implementation approach. Our analysis maps investment style to execution strategy. The result: performance improvements through iterative adjustment and greater PM/desk collaboration.
ITG’s approach to FX trading provides visibility into a marketplace that has long been opaque. With your success in mind, we offer unprecedented transparency, confidentiality, independence, and technological innovation. We conduct global telephone dealing in more than 21 currencies through our top-tier interbank relationships.
- Improve pricing. ITG excels at liquidity aggregation and our real-time executions allow you to take advantage of liquidity and improve pricing.
- Execute conflict-free. Since we do no proprietary FX trading for our own gain, we can consistently put your goals first.
- Enjoy independence. Due to our independence, ITG partners with banks, consortiums, and vendors in a way our competitors cannot. Our neutrality allows for unconstrained sourcing of the best liquidity and best pricing for lines of credit.
- Measure and compare. Evaluate your foreign exchange transactions costs across all dealers through ITG TCA. Easily identify where slippage and costs occur.
- Reduce settlement risk. As a third-party Continuous Linked Settlement (CLS) member, we can significantly reduce your settlement risk.
Complex trades need human expertise as well as the adept application of electronic tools. Our agency status means that we always put your trading goals first.
- Get tough. From difficult single stock trades or lists, international securities, and derivatives, we put our industry-leading platforms, algorithms, analytics, and market expertise to work for you.
- Get an early edge. Our alpha-generating fundamental equity research helps you generate unique investment ideas for which we can provide adept execution.
- Reduce list risk. Our portfolio specialists can intelligently execute your trading list while reducing risk and cost. We access all major liquidity sources and draw upon ITG Algorithms and our market-leading TCA tools.
- Gain a partner. ITG goes beyond prime broker services. We offer hedge fund start-up guidance and assistance, trade cost and execution analysis, innovative liquidity access tools and platforms, derivatives expertise, technology implementation assistance, and insightful market commentary.
Since 1987 we’ve played a key role in shaping the global financial marketplace. Our thought leaders serve on industry boards and committees, provide media commentary, and participate directly in the policymaking process. We reveal how changes in market structure may affect your business model, whether risk or opportunity.
- Prepare thoroughly. Expertise across the trading lifecycle from pre-trade to post-trade.
- Expand your understanding. Deep, organic knowledge of Asia-Pacific, EMEA, and North American markets.
- Know the players. Insight on market participants, regulatory bodies, and service providers.
- Stay current. Timely briefings on technology developments and regional/global policies and regulation.
Through our long-standing securities lending relationships, we help you settle transactions on a shortened or extended basis, customizing programs to your cash objectives.
- Obtain enhanced opportunities. ITG meets your internal cash flow needs, so you can receive cash sooner or make cash payments later than normal.
- Reach elusive liquidity. We locate hard-to-borrow securities for short selling purposes.
- Trust our expertise. Our staff has decades of experience in the intricacies of securities lending. That proficiency earned ITG a 2010 Global Investor Equity Lending Award.
Trade with whom you want, where you want, and when you want while achieving best execution and best settlement.
- Get a single ticket. We aggregate your executions across multiple destinations and provide a single ticket per account to significantly reduce your custodial costs.
- Streamline operations. Minimize the need to work with multiple brokers when resolving exceptions.
- Don’t worry about disintermediation. Enjoy several options for payment.
You can’t manage what you can’t measure. An agency broker and market leader in transaction cost analysis, ITG is a trusted partner in providing confidential cost measurement.
- Achieve best execution. Customized real-time, pre-trade, and post-trade analysis help improve trading strategy selection and increase portfolio returns.
- Surface hidden costs. Our experience, data, and analytics identify and monitor implicit trading costs.
- Count on our service. Not only do we reveal unique insights, we outline specific steps for implementing recommendations.
- Compare performance. Measure desk performance to benchmarks and compare desk performance against peers.