Investment Research Summer Analyst
ITG is an independent research and execution broker that partners with global portfolio managers and traders to provide unique data-driven insights throughout the investment process. From investment decision through settlement, ITG helps clients understand market trends, improve performance, mitigate risk and navigate increasingly complex markets. ITG is headquartered in New York, with offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
Investment Research Summer Analyst
ITG has revolutionized the financial research business with innovative proprietary methods and tools for accessing real-time data. Through exclusive relationships with industry data providers and proprietary technology we generate fresh insights from superior analysis of billions of data points. ITG does not issue buy-sell recommendations. Our sole mission is to give clients market insight to stay ahead of the Street, make smarter investment decisions and improve performance.
As a Summer Analyst, you will support the Investment Research organization by:
• Provide analytical support by performing financial and valuation analysis and generating financial models/forecasts and competitive profiles on specific companies to develop a thorough perspective of the company and its securities.
• Gather and analyze data from a variety of internal and external resources, including, but not limited to: company documents and materials; SEC/regulatory filings such as annual reports and 10Ks; industry publications; and online data services.
• Monitor company news and events and perform other related duties as assigned.
• Support the team in writing, editing, and publishing equity research reports incorporating insights derived from financial and statistical models.
• Pursuing a degree in statistics, computer science, finance, economics or related field.
• SQL experience required.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to clean and dissect quantitative and qualitative information.
• Ability to work quickly and effectively within a high-pressure environment with attention to detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to think critically.
• Industry experience also valued. Preferable but not required: work experience in a relevant field, including buy-side/sell-side research, investment banking, consulting, etc.
ITG’s Summer Program
ITG offers 9-week paid Summer Analyst positions to talented individuals in various parts of the organization. As a Summer Analyst, you will have the chance to network with individuals at all levels of the organization and work on challenging projects that make an immediate contribution to our business. ITG is a desirable career destination for exceptional individuals who share the firm's vision and passion for transforming how the world's financial markets operate. Through our comprehensive training programs, management speaker series, mentoring opportunities and social events, our Summer Analysts acquire the tools and experience to contribute to the firm and develop professionally.
It is the policy of ITG to provide and promote equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. Decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental handicap not related to ability, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws.