Senior Software Engineer
- Create, design, develop, code, test, debug, and implement software programs across multiple platforms.
- Perform highly detailed analysis, design, programming, and unit/integration testing of complex subsystems and modules.
- Design and build high-quality applications and components using Agile development methods.
- Perform complex product design activities on applications software which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Investigate repercussions to entire product i.e., implications of changes, design, analysis of changes and accurate estimates of effort.
- Develop a scope of work project plan with deliverables, action items, tasks, dates, timelines, responsibilities, dependencies and status.
- Apply all phases of software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, analysis, design, build, deployment, and maintenance.
- Solve highly technical and complex problems on multiple projects, and provide consultative support to team members.
- Coordinate with other technology leads to ensure a consistent design and compatibility with all interfacing products.
- Participate in recommending new technologies and next generation features.
- Over 5 years of Java, J2EE experience.
- Experience in Java frameworks like Spring MVC, Spring Hibernate etc. is a plus.
- Proven knowledge of object oriented programming, embedded systems, UNIX systems, relational databases (RDBMS) and new/advanced programming languages
- Advanced SQL skills
- Solid understanding of SDLC (Agile development a plus)
- Unix shell scripting and comfort in a Unix environment is a plus
- Ability to be nimble and thorough when dealing with ad hoc client requests
- Ability to think ahead and proactively propose longer term solutions
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of working with other teams both technical and non-technical
- Very good communication skills
- JAVA, J2EE
- Java frameworks Spring MVC, Spring Hibernate etc.
- Unix Shell Scripting
Education and Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent technical discipline.
- 5 + years experience in Software Engineering role
- M.S. Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent technical discipline
- 3 + years experience in Software Engineering role
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a resume to Careers@itg.com and include Senior Software Engineer in the subject line.
It is the policy of ITG to provide and promote equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. Decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental handicap not related to ability, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws.