May 14, 2018 Erin Stanton
When it comes to improving trading performance, selecting the right strategy is crucial. An ITG survey of buyside traders last year found that 85% believe strategy selection has the most potential to impact trading performance, far outstripping the importance of broker choice or venue selection.Read more >
– The SEC is quickly putting out an agenda to address varied issues on both the trading and capital formation sides of the house. We take a look at that agenda.Read more >
– The SEC Transaction Fee Pilot is set to shake up markets. We take a deep dive.
– We spend some time looking at how markets reacted to the volatility spike on Feb. 5.
May 08, 2018
Q1 updates to APAC Market Structure
– How has Stock Connect changed which international firms trade China?Read more >
– How has Stock Connect adoption changed since launch?
– What does it cost to trade China?
February 12, 2018
Q4 updates to APAC Market Structure
– How did the reintroduced lunch break and widening of spreads in Singapore affect the market?Read more >
– What trading challenge makes Pakistan unique on the MSCI Emerging Market Index?
– What region’s value traded in Q4 was higher than Hong Kong’s for the first time?
– How do the average daily values of each market in APAC compare to each other?
February 06, 2018
Highlights from the 4Q17 preliminary Global Cost ReviewRead more >
Fourth-quarter trading costs in 2017 remained relatively consistent with the third quarter (averaging 32.7bps), with slight increases across small-, mid- and large-cap names globally. Even so, costs are up 13% from the all-time lows we saw in the second quarter.
While cannabis-related stocks drive up Canadian indices and trading volumes, the market is dealing with a variety of issues unique to trading cannabis stocks.Read more >
December 20, 2017
As the year draws to a close, we typically see a shift in trading conditions, with steep declines in liquidity and higher concentrations of smaller order types.Read more >
December 01, 2017
Highlights from the 3Q17 preliminary Global Cost ReviewRead more >
Inflows were observed globally, and trading costs remained depressed despite a slight uptick from lows in 2Q2017. Global large-cap stocks saw inflows for the first time in six quarters, with costs increasing for this market capitalization in many regions.
November 17, 2017 Doug Clark
The third quarter brought dramatic changes to the structure and the liquidity profile of the Canadian equity markets. Much of that change results from increasing levels of broker internalization of the smallest and most benign orders.Read more >
November 15, 2017
Q3 updates to APAC Market Structure
– How heavily did Top 5 index names participate in opening auctions?Read more >
– What is the potential impact of tick size changes in Singapore?
– How did trading costs change since last quarter across markets in Asia?